Sunday 16 June 2013

Sunday Face Of The Day Featuring Clinique CC Cream





























Ahh the Sunday face, minimal effort, if any effort at all! I love applying my makeup, so its rare for me to go without it but Sunday is the exception. I genuinely think time moves faster on a Sunday, one minute its 10am the next its 5pm and you are suddenly overcome with this dread at the thought of work tomorrow (I hope that's not just me!) So I tend to put less effort in my makeup, as I feel like I only end up wearing it for about 2 hours before its time for shower and bed!

Sunday seemed like the ideal day to test out the Clinique CC Cream. Now if you don't know, CC stands for Colour Correcting. CC creams are the new wave following BB creams. Like BB creams, CC creams are not a new concept, but its only now that they have launched over here.

Straight away I noticed the Clinique CC Cream is completely different to the Rachel K CC Cream I had previously tried. Clinique's version feels very much like a tinted moisturiser, it feels light and moisturising on the skin and I would recommend applying it with your fingers rather than a brush. In terms of 'colour correcting' I can't say I noticed any real difference, to me my skin looked the same as it does after applying any kind of base. But.....I do really like the coverage of this, it has more coverage than most BB creams Ive tried but still looks natural. I would feel comfortable wearing this instead of foundation to work. The other plus, it contains SPF 30 which is going to provide you with some real protection. So all in all I am impressed, I like how it feels on my skin, it has a nice level of coverage and a high SPF. I prefer it to a lot of the tinted moisturisers Ive tried as its not greasy, I didn't even need to powder but I noticed no real difference in terms of colour correcting.
One final point on the Clinique CC Cream, if you are thinking of trying this make sure you look at the shade range in store as they seem to come up quite dark.



By the end of the week, the dark circles under my eyes make me look more and more like Uncle Fester's sister so they do need a bit of attention! I got a sample of the Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer and all I can say is wow! The corrector is seriously good stuff, you can really see a difference if you apply it to one eye and then compare. I have been cherishing this little sample and I think I will have to make a purchase!

I awoke to a rather unpleasant blemish (blemish sounds so much nicer don't you think) so I dug out my industrial strength concealer, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. This is one of my life savers!

I'm still trying to use up my never ending Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and for blush I used MAC's Peaches. I love this blush, I should wear it more often!











For eyes, I kept it really simple and just used a fluffy blending brush to run my bronzer through my crease. This is one of my little secrets which I love doing as it defines your eyes and warms up your face. It looks really natural and if you have blue eyes, the orangey tones in the bronzer will make them stand out.

I used Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' mascara, which is really good. My views haven't changed since I first reviewed it here and I would highly recommend it. I have it in the waterproof version and as I do 90% of my crying post 4pm on a Sunday I figured waterproof was the way forward.

I have been using the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil and it's impressed me, I cant say I love it more than my beloved Lingering yet but we will see. My secret brow weapon is the Illamasqua Brow and Lash gel, this keeps your brows looking natural as it defines each individual hair.

And I almost forgot, I used my other secret, Givenchy Magic Lip and Cheek balm. Seriously the best lip balm EVER. I still cant believe Givenchy replaced Liv Tyler with Amanda Seyfried though, really not happy about that!





No comments:

Post a Comment