Sunday 2 June 2013

May Favourites


I didn't do a monthly favourites for April, I just didn't feel like there were any products I was really loving but there were a few little gems in May that I thought I would share.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Radiance: I bought this primer a while back and hadn't really shown it much love. Now we are in the Summer months I have been using it every day in conjunction with my Urban Decay De Slick Makeup Setting Spray, which is another favourite! I find these 2 products combined make my make up last a whole working day, which is exactly what I need! I have this primer in the 'travel size'. If you wanted to try it, I really would recommend getting the travel size. You will save yourself quite a bit of money and there's 30ml of product in this little guy which is the same amount as a foundation, so will still last you ages. The travel size costs £18.50 for 30ml compared to £28.00 for 50ml.

MAC Bite Of An Apple Blush: Ahh the Venomous Villains collection was by far my favourite ever MAC collection. I remember the excitement and the anticipation as if it were yesterday. MAC please do another Disney collection! Bite of an Apple was another product I had left neglected but it really is a beautiful blush. I think the colour looks like a very natural red toned flush on my cheeks which I love and as its slightly more coral toned, its great for Summer. If this gets re-released in another collection I would really recommend picking it up, or if you have if in your collection I encourage you to dig it out!

Benefit They're Real Mascara: This was a brand new product to me which I fell unexpectedly in love with. When this mascara first came out I had zero interest in trying it but now I wonder what took me so long. This lengthens my lashes and makes them very defined, I wouldn't say it was particularly volumising but I love the effect it gives. Only thing I would say is that you need to spend a bit of time with it, do one coat, then back with another, but slowly! You cant rush these things ;)

MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush: I love MAC's Cream Colour Bases for highlight, without a doubt my favourite cream highlight. I have already gone through 2 pots of the stuff but in different shades, Shell and Pearl. When I used up Pearl I decided to try a different shade and went for Hush. Hush is peachy toned, whereas Peal is much more white and opalescent. I think I prefer Hush as its slightly more natural looking on my skin tone. Hush and Impropper Copper when you have a tan look amazing and they don't get talked about enough compared to Pearl!

Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip and Cheek Balm: Without a doubt, my favourite ever lip balm. I mentioned it in my essentials post and it was also featured in my top 12 of 2012. I cannot be seen without some form of colour on my lips, which is why I love tinted lip balms. I particularly love these as they feel really moisturising and the colour is beautiful, plus I love the stain it leaves on my lips.

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in Rose Libertine: I have loved this colour this month. My friend originally bought this and send me a picture saying it was really good, then I saw it on her in person and it was a done deal. A couple of days later I saw the lovely Essie Button mention it, which I thought was a kind of cool coincidence. This is probably the most feminine colour you will see me wearing. Its really flattering and lasted almost a week on me with no chips. Brilliant!























Urban Decay De Slick Makeup Setting Spray: I really do love this setting spray, it really works. Spray it before and after your make up and you are good to go!

Clarins Gentle Exfoliator: I have been really enjoying reading Caroline Hiron's skin care blog lately and wanted to pick up a few of her highly recommended products. I have to say everything I got, I love including this toner. This is similar to Alpha H Liquid Gold but much more gentle and I have been using it every day. I really noticed a difference in my skin, it does seem brighter and clearer but I'm having to try and ration it as I seem to be getting through it ridiculously quick!

Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel: This is my second tube of this stuff and its by far my favourite discovery in a long time. I use this at night, all over my face to remove my makeup and rinse with a muslin cloth. This feels so nice on my skin, I much, much prefer it to the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm and I find its far better at removing mascara than the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I hope I'm not developing a Clarins addiction!

Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel: If you read my blog you will know I am a huge fan of the Yes To range, I love that their products are all natural. This eye cream is friggin amazing. First of all its a gel, which I love. I much prefer eye gels to creams as they feel so much more refreshing. This instantly feels cooling when I put it on my eyes, I keep thinking I should try putting it in the fridge for an extra cooling effect. I also love the packaging, its really convenient, you can see exactly how much you have left and there wont be any waste. I haven't tried anything in the Yes To range that I've been disappointed with yet.

Hydraluron: This was my other Caroline Hiron's influenced purchase. I'll leave it to her to explain it properly, but basically you put this on your face underneath your moisturiser and its designed to help your skin absorb more moisture. Since using this and the Clarins toner I honestly have noticed a difference with my skin. It feels softer and almost looks plumper, but in a healthy way! Again I am getting a bit concerned at how quickly I'm using this up though! I need a lesson on rationing!

I love reading and watching monthly favourites posts, so leave me a link to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment