Monday 11 March 2013

February Favourites




























I don't often do monthly favourites post, so I dont know why I started with February, as its the hardest month to spell and I am now extremely paranoid about the 'ru'ary bit.

I find I love certain products, then halfway through the month find something else and love it even more. Then I never know what to include! Ahh the trouble of a fickle mind! So here is my highly edited favourites post. I have cut it down to only the products I have used and loved all month long.





























Yes to Carrots Hydrating Shower Gel - I know shower gel is not the most exciting of things, so for me to mention one in a favourites post it has to be pretty special. My love for the Yes to brand is no secret and this is easily my favourite product I have tried by them so far. It feels lovely on the skin, doesn't dry my skin out or leave it feeling tight and I love that its made from natural ingredients. This will definitely be a staple for me.

Lush Big Shampoo - I am trying to use more natural, cruelty free products. Animal testing is something that I know a lot of us don't want to think about, but it does upset me to think a lot of the products I use probably have been tested on animals. Hence why I am trying to find and explore more natural brands. Now I am not a Lush fan, the smell of a Lush shop is pretty repulsive to me and I'm not a bath bomb kinda gal! But I had read some great things about this shampoo, so held my nose and in I went. Big Shampoo is a shampoo packed with sea salt. Don't let that put you off, I find it does an amazing job at making my hair feel really light and clean and it has quickly become one of my favourite shampoos. This is my second pot and I have already braved it back into lush and bought two more. If you are like me and suffer from the dreaded 'greezy' hair you should definitely try this. One thing I will say though, the price of this stuff is extortionate, £11.00! I wish I didn't like it so much!  Oh Lush you are yet to win me over.

Urban Decay De Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray - Not only is my hair prone to the 'greezies', my face is too! I work in an office (dream job I tell you....) and there is nothing worse then going to the bathroom in the afternoon, looking in the mirror and finding your makeup has completely disappeared from the centre of your face (goodness knows where it goes!) Well not anymore! De Slick is amazing, you spray it on your face before you apply your makeup and again when you are finished. My makeup lasts the whole day at work and doesn't go wandering off, brilliant stuff.

Jack Wills English Velvet Perfume - One of my favourite perfumes, I got through this in record timing (I got this bottle for Christmas). I find English Velvet to be a very distinctive but still very feminine scent. I have to confess I have already purchased another bottle of this, I just couldn't wait!





























Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara - Ahh my beloved £3.99 eBay bargain. Since I bought this I have barely touched another mascara. I love that this looks and feels natural-ish ;) on my lashes but still gives me the effect I want. I think I'm addicted, but for £3.99 I don't care!

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Liner in 'Nude' - I have been using this in my waterline to make myself look a bit more bright eyed and bushy tailed! The colour is very flattering, I cannot stand white eyeliner in the waterline, it looks freaky to me but this natural colour really softly brightens your eyes without making you look mega creepy!

MAC Eyebrows in 'Lingering' - I caved, I just cant be without this eyebrow pencil in my life. Slightly dramatic I know, but I have been through about 8 pencils now so maybe not an exaggeration ;) A universally flattering colour and because the pencil is so small it allows you to fill your eyebrows in but keep them looking natural. The downside, it runs out ridiculously quick (hence my self imposed ban) I get through about one of these a month!

MAC Blush in 'Dainty' - Pretty much the only blush I have used all month because a) its a really pretty, pink shimmery colour and b) pretty, pink shimmery blushes go with everything and February has been a lazy month makeup wise!

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer - I have been slapping this on under my eyes ala Kim Kardashian and I am not ashamed to admit that. I have also been putting this on all those essential highlight areas, centre of the nose, brow bone, cheekbone, basically I pretty much colour the centre of my face in with this ;) It really is brightening, and doesn't crease at all. You really don't need to spend the money on a YSL touche eclat these days, as the drugstore options are far better and cheaper!

So there you have it, as I mentioned February has been a bit of a lazy makeup month. What can I say, I'm turning into a right old natural beauty..........*guffaw*

No comments:

Post a Comment