Tuesday 19 March 2013

Bare Minerals Loud & Clear Berry Remix Lip Sheer

Meet the new lip product from Bare Minerals, Loud & Clear Lip Sheer. I haven't tried many things from Bare Minerals but these peaked my interest as I'm an absolute sucker for sheer lipsticks.

There are three colours available and I picked the darkest, "Berry Remix" I was hoping this would be along the lines of Clinique's Black Honey but I have to say I'm not very impressed.

Now I know these are meant to be sheer, but there's sheer and then there's sheer! As I said I got the darkest colour and there's hardly any pigment in it at all. If you have particularly pigmented lips you won't get any colour pay of at all, it will just look like a lip balm. A very expensive lip balm at £15.00!

Like I said I love sheer lipsticks but you have to have the balance of colour and shine, otherwise like I said you may as well just stick with a pot of vaselline for 99p!

The other unpleasant surprise was the smell, if you don't like strong scents be warned! This smells exactly like one of The Body Shop's scents, I think it's the orange one. I hate strongly scented lip products, your lips are far too close to your nose to have to put up with that all day. I also think the strong, artificial smell makes the Lip Sheers feel like a very cheap product, when in reality at £15.00 they are anything but.

If you were thinking of trying one of these, I really would save your money I know I have been left disappointed *sad face*

No comments:

Post a Comment