Wednesday 4 February 2015

January Favourites

There is only one item of makeup in my favourites this month, which for me has to be some sort of record! 

As I mentioned in my last post, I am in the process of trying to use up and finish a lot of my makeup, so I'm currently using a lot of my not so favourite products. 
I do still have some noteworthy items worth sharing though and its made me take notice of all the other beauty products I have been loving which I don't usually acknowledge, because I'm so focused on makeup, makeup, makeup! 

Lush Dark Angels Cleanser

This was a recommendation from my friend Chloe. I'm not a massive fan of Lush, probably because I don't have a bath in my house, but when it comes to beauty recommendations I trust her!

This is an exfoliating cleanser which contains powdered charcoal, rhassoul mud (no clue!) avocado and rosewood oil. This is quite an abrasive exfoliator, so its definitely not one you would want to use on a daily basis but I love using it in the shower after cleansing. It looks like mud both in the pot and when you apply it to your face but don't let that put you off! I love that it leaves my skin feeling really clean without that horrible stripped feeling. Its good for those days where you have worn a lot of makeup or are just feeling particularly grubby!

Available from Lush £6.75

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 'Boy'

Can you believe that out of my 106 lipsticks, I only own one Chanel lipstick? Don't worry though, I wont be giving myself a pat on the back for that 'achievement' anytime soon! As I try and whittle down my lipsticks, I have been going through my collection, picking out my most used ones and trying to finish them first. Chanel Boy was one of my favourites back in the day but I had forgotten about it along the way and its sat in my makeup drawer unloved for too long. 

The Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks are very sheer and just give a hint of colour. They feel really moisturising and have a glossy finish but this does mean that they don't last very long and you do have to reapply several times throughout the day. 

I am so happy I dug this out of my makeup drawer!

Available from Debenhams £25.00

Living Proof Prime Style Extender Spray

I am a big, big fan of the Living Proof haircare range. I originally discovered it a couple of years ago in America and was most definitely lured in by the advertisements with Jennifer Aniston. When it comes to hair care I am extremely low maintenance, I don't even own a hairdryer and I love anything that makes life easier. 

I loved Living Proof's original Prime Style Extender so was intrigued to see if the spray bottle made any difference. This is designed to help your hair hold its style and stay cleaner for longer. 

I actually think I prefer the original tube packaging to the spray. I felt I noticed more of a difference with my 'style' lasting longer and I felt like I had more control over where I applied it. I still enjoyed this but out of the two I do prefer the original.

Available from Space NK £18.00

Topshop Nail Polish in 'En Pointe'

I noticed this colour on my friend Sop's nails, made a mental note to buy it and its pretty much all I've worn on my nails all month long. I have just been removing this when it chips and repainting, which is unheard of for me!
En Pointe is a very nude colour, I call it my skin colour but I love it because its opaque. As I get older I find myself gravitating more towards nude colours but they have be opaque, sheer nail polish makes me shudder! 

Available from Topshop £5.00

Sigma Blending E25 Eyeshadow brush in Copper

The day I discovered the MAC 217 eyeshadow brush is the day my eyeshadow application changed for the better! I love that brush, it applies and blends your eyeshadow at the same time, whats not to love?!
This is Sigma's version of that brush and I already had a couple but because I use them everyday I  thought I would get a couple more. Also the fact that I found these rose gold ones on Amazon, may have slightly influenced my purchasing decision! 

I really recommend Sigma's eye brushes, cheaper than MAC but practically identical. However I do not recommend their face brushes. I've have a couple and had to throw them all away because they shed hairs so badly. 

Available from Amazon £14.95

Diptyque Noisetier Candle

I love Diptyque candles, they fill the room with scent like nothing else and I have an obsession with collecting the empty jars. They are definitely pricey but feel like such a special treat when you burn them. I like to ask for one at Christmas or on my birthday and my Sister picked me the Noisetier scent for Christmas. I'm terrible at not really branching out when it comes to candle scents but I'm so happy she picked this because it smells amazing, very warming and woody with a hint of spice. 

Available from Space NK £40.00

No comments:

Post a Comment