Monday 1 September 2014

Bridal Makeup - My Sister's Wedding


Last month I had the amazing but also nerve wracking job of doing my Sister's wedding makeup. 

Beforehand we did go to a Bobbi Brown makeup trial, which I would highly recommend. The trial gave me a lot of tips and tricks to help achieve a flawless, yet natural base. For the eyes we both preferred a more gold/bronzy look so I got to experiment a little! 

I thought I would share the products I used, along with a few tips and tricks you can use if you are doing your own, or someone else's makeup on the big day!


Can you see the concentration on my face?!

Although we were pushed for time and I did have a major panic that I was going to have to turn up with no makeup on my own face, I was so happy with how Emma's makeup turned out. She looked absolutely beautiful, I may be bias but I don't think I have ever seen a more radiant looking bride! 
I put that down to a combination of my makeup and of course all those sequins!




With Wedding makeup one of the biggest things you have to consider is photography. Flash photos and SPF don't work well together. The SPF causes a flashback and you end up with a really pale ghost face. This was one of the reasons we went for NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. It has no SPF, provides a good medium coverage, lasts well and photographs beautifully.
As we wanted the base to be flawless, I also used the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick on any areas that needed extra coverage. I have never tried these Foundation Sticks before but I was impressed at how well they cover, whilst still looking very natural.

Primer
MAC Prep & Prime Skin (this primer is amazing!) and Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray (sprayed before I applied any makeup and again once I had finished)

Foundation
NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji and Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick in Warm Sand in areas which needed more coverage (cheeks, chin, round the nose)

Concealer
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque under the eyes with the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit over the top.

Powder
Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Powder in Medium

Bronzer
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow

Blusher
Benefit Dandelion Blush and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz

Highlighter
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light

Eyebrows
MAC Eyeshadow in Omega, used very lightly just to fill out the ends of the eyebrows

Eyeshadow Primer
NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

Eyeshadow
MAC shadows in 'All That Glitters' all over the lid, 'Mulch' in the crease and outer corner and 'Embark' smudged over the top of the eyeliner. I also used 'Blazing Star' from the Bobbi Brown Sand palette for a little bit of sparkle on the centre of the lid. 

Eyeliner
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar Ink. I applied a thin line of this along the top lash line and smudged out with MAC Embark eyeshadow. A tiny bit was also applied underneath the lower lash line.

Mascara
Benefit They're Real and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. I also used some individual lashes by Eylure to add volume.

Lips
Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Colour in Peachy with L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in Nude Ballet. Throughout the day we touched up with Bobbi Brown Brightening Lip Gloss in Nectar

Out of everything I used, these are my three must have products for any bridal makeup. 

The Urban Decay Setting Sprays really extend the wear time of your makeup. I was super impressed at how long Emma's makeup lasted and I definitely think this was a big part of that. 

Lashes wise, I think individual lashes are the only way to go. Whilst they are a bit more fiddly than strip lashes, they are so much more natural looking and just add some fullness without anyone knowing you are wearing them.

For the radiant Bride look, a good highlight is a must. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light is my new favourite product and I have to say my favourite part of the whole makeup. This just makes your skin look like its glowing from within and photographs beautifully.





As well as doing Emma's makeup, I also did my Mums makeup. Like my Sister, I wanted her to look natural and radiant. My Mum has always been a big Bobbi Brown fan so naturally we used some of her favourite products. 

For foundation I used the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation, which like NARS Sheer Glow has no SPF. The Marc Jacobs Lolita palette was the perfect neutral eyeshadow palette to use and those Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks give some serious wedding glow! Just like my Sister, my Mum looked beautiful.

Primer
MAC Prep & Prime Natural Radiance in Radiant Pink and Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray (sprayed before I applied any makeup and again once I had finished)

Foundation
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Concealer
Estee Lauder Double Wear Brush-On Glow BB Highlighter used under the eyes to brighten

Powder
Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder

Bronzer
Bobbi Brown Brightening Blush in Bronze

Blusher
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nude

Eyeshadow
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Sand Dune, I used this cream eyeshadow as a primer with the Marc Jacobs Lolita Palette on top.

Mascara
Maybelline Falsies Mascara (Waterproof)

Eyebrows
MAC Lingering Eyebrow Pencil

Lips
Edward Bess Defining Lip Liner in Natural with Marc Jacobs Lip Gel in Role Play and Revlon Super Lustrous Lip gloss in Snow Pink

I would share with you the makeup that I wore but I honestly have no idea as it was rather hurriedly slapped on! 

It was an unforgettable day and I'm so happy that I got to be a part of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment