Wednesday 3 October 2012

Sleep-In Rollers






































There must be a part of me, deep deep down, hidden away, that wants to be Amy Child's, otherwise what explains this random Boots purchase!

So the idea is simple, velcro rollers that you can sleep in! A GENIUS idea. I love the effect rollers give but I do not have the time in the morning to a) put them in and b) leave them in my hair for long enough to give any effect. Now I have to confess that I have tried to sleep in normal velcro rollers before, its painful, and a week later you end up finding a stray roller under your pillow, so I was intrigued to try these out.






































I will apologise in advance for the poor picture quality, all taken at night or early morning on my phone!

For £19.50 you get 20 rollers (all the same size) and a pink wash type bag to keep them in. I think 20 rollers is great, I hate it when you only get about 10 and its just not enough! For reference I used 18 in my hair.

You need to put the rollers in dry hair and you need to secure them with a hair clip (kirby grips/bobby pins) whatever you want to call them will do the job! There are some instructions on the pack which advise the best ways to put the rollers in, but I just curled all my rollers upwards. To get all the rollers in my hair took about 20 minutes.

So once all the rollers are in your hair you should look something like this......hopefully much less hideous! You will have to excuse me, but it was bed time!


OK so what was it like sleeping in them................When I first lied down and put my head on the pillow I was not impressed, my head felt as if it was about 2 feet of the pillow on a bed of velcro. Which to be honest sounds about right! These rollers are spongy so they do squish but you still have 18 velcro rollers in your hair. Once you get comfy though its fine, but it is annoying trying to get your head in that perfect position every time you roll over!

The next morning they advise you to leave them in your hair for as long as possible, so I did all my normal make up and took the rollers out right at the last minute.






































Now I will have to say here that getting them out your hair isn't a particularly enjoyable job. Obviously from moving around in the night your hair does get more tangled and I found some of the rollers on the back of my head were a bit of a nightmare and it did make me cringe pulling my hair out, BUT I was very happy with the finished effect.

Now I had washed and dried my hair that night and I have pin straight hair so I probably would have seen a more noticeable effect on day 2 hair but none the less I was very pleased.






































My hair had a lovely "bounce" to it with just the right amount of volume, so I didn't feel like a weather girl! This is my hair straight out the rollers, I didn't put any product in and I only had to brush down a few fly aways at the back.

For me I think it looks like Ive just had a professional blow dry (whilst sleeping!) A marked improvement on my usual wash and go hair (quite literally wash and go may I add!).






































All in all I am very happy with these rollers and for my moans about them not being the most comfortable things, I am going to use them again tonight, so it cant be that bad really. Beauty is pain mantra ;) I would definitely recommend these over normal velcro rollers because I don't think anyone, unless you're Betty Draper has the time for them!

I got mine at Boots but you can also get them from Sleep Rollers

P.S What I didn't mention is that when I stepped outside it was pissing it down (yeah thanks a lot England!)

No comments:

Post a Comment