Sunday 21 October 2012

Retail Therapy (I blame Boots 3 for 2)


I blame Boots 3 for 2! Although I also went to John Lewis, but that's beside the point! You know when all your favourite products all run out at once and it always seems to be the expensive ones! My Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is dangerously low, my Alpha H Liquid Gold is all gone and my favourite Ojon Full Detox Shampoo leaked in my swimming bag. I honestly cried 'No, no, no, NOOOOO" when I realised. So there were a few things I needed to repurchase and then a lot of things I didn't need at all!

So the two things I actually went for....

I'm very lucky to have a brother who works for John Lewis and gets staff discount, so that eases the pain slightly. I picked up another Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I have been really enjoying using this lately, I had gone off it for ages after discovering Bioderma but now I'm right back on it. I blame laziness, just rub it all over your face and wipe off with a muslin cloth. It makes my face feel really clean, but I will say its not the best at getting waterproof mascara off. I got the large 200ml size which is about £24 (ouch) but lasts ages.

After the swimming bag disaster I knew I couldn't be without my Ojon Full Detox Shampoo. I wont go on about it again, as I just raved about it in my last post (Beauty Graveyard) buts lets just say I'm very happy to be reunited and this little baby will not be going in my swimming bag ever again!

Onto the things I didn't go for!....

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask - I have been wanting to try this after hearing Fleur de Force rave about it and having picked up Alpha H Liquid Gold on her recommendation I have complete faith. Like Liquid Gold this contains Glycolic Acid so I'm expecting good, noticeable results. I will let you know once I have tried it! This was £30, so if I don't like it, its probably a good thing!

Dior Lip Liner in Natural Beige - I blame LisaLisaD1 on YouTube for this entirely. I love Lisa she is one of my favourite people to watch and some of my favourite products have come from her recommendations. This is my third Dior Lipliner, I have Linen, Candy Rose and now Natural Beige (all because of Lisa may I add!) They are really lovely on the lips, the colour blends but also lasts and I just love the colour range. I highly recommend these.



I have a really bad habit of going into Boots after work. You know when you have a crappy day and you just need that instant fix. Well Boots is my drug! Plus its 3 for 2 on all make up, amazing!

Barry M seem to have released loads of new glitters and they were so sparkly I couldn't resist! I got Rose Quartz Glitter (349) which looks like it could be a dupe for OPI's Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry collection, which I had to throw away because it went all gloopy :'( On a side note, that is one thing that puts me off buying expensive glitter nail polishes. They don't have a long shelf life so I love that Barry M are now extending their range! I also got Amethyst Glitter (354) which reminds me of a tin of Roses, all purple and blue and shiny! Last but not least I got Gold Mine Glitter (355) which is a gold glitter in a black opaque base (good for Halloween!)

I also picked up 2 Essie polishes, Wicked which I have wanted to try for ages. I'm sure its a dead on dupe for Chanel Rouge Noir which I already own but I couldn't find anyone that had compared the 2 online so I will do that for you! I also got Bahama Mama which is that perfect Autumn dark purple kind of a colour.


Make up wise, I didn't actually get that much but I really don't need any more make up! I got the Revlon lip butter in Creme Brule because Anna from The Style Diet on YouTube was raving about it (YouTube is the worst enabler!) I am actually really glad I got this, I was worried it would be too nude for me but it looks lovely over the top of my new Dior lip liner purchase (Natural Beige) or I also really like it over Rimmel Spice lip liner.

I picked up the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush because I have never seen it in stores before and I love my Real Techniques Buffing Brush so much. The Real Techniques face brushes are amazing for applying foundation, I would recommend these over Sigma brushes. I had to throw away my Sigma angled kabuki brush because it had a huge dent in the middle from shedding so much, my large tapered face brush from Sigma looks like its heading the same way too, so I really do not recommend Sigma for their face brushes. Just a little FYI for you there!

And finally because it was 3 for 2 I got another one of my beloved Loreal False Lash Telescopic Mascaras (waterproof black) so we will never be parted!

I promise I will try to be good now!

No comments:

Post a Comment