Sunday 18 December 2011

Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Palette


Do you know how bloody hard it is to photograph a mirrored palette!
ARGGGHHHHH


I'm a bit late to the game on this one so I'll try and keep it brief! To mark Urban Decays 15 year anniversary they released this palette, with 15 brand spanking new eyeshadows.


I LOVE the packaging for this palette, it comes in this very plush purple velvet box, which I think Bam Margera would love ;) I'm going to store my jewellery in it though, cos you know, dont think I'll be bumping into him anytime soon!

The actual case itself is mirrored so is a real fingerprint hoarder but I do love it!


So these are the 15 shades. Now the reason why I ummmmed an ahhhhed over this palette is because I am a neutral kinda girl. I don't do bright eyes, I think at the ripe old age of 25 I'm kind of past that. I'm all for the dramatic editorial looks, but I'm just not gona rock a lime green and pink eye. Its just not gona happen. So on first glance I thought that this is all this palette was (bright colours) that I would never wear but I'm not ashamed to say I was wrong.

There are 8 gorgeous neutral shades in this palette (I count black as neutral!) So if you are a neutral girl like me you really should check this out because the colours are gorgeous and they make a nice change from the Naked Palette if you already own that.

From left to right;   Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow, Chase, Deeper, M.I.A and Blackout


See.....what did I tell you!


From left to right; (My permanent tribute to Bob Dylan, I ADORE him...anyway back to the make up) Tainted, Junkshow, Omen, Evidence, Deep End, Ace and Half Truth

And you know what, the brights aren't too bad either. Evidence, Ace and Half Truth are quite dark so will make a nice smoky eye and Junkshow could even be used as a blush (very, very light hand needed!)

So if you were on the fence about this like me then I hope I swayed you ;) Of course you might be more sensible then me and just wait for Urban Decays Naked 2 (FYI Exclusive to Debenhams early January for those in the UK) But unluckily for me I am a person of very little sense!

Oh and I almost forgot, I got this on Debenhams online where its currently on offer for £35.10p instead of £39.00, now go, make haste!




No comments:

Post a Comment