Sunday 11 December 2011

Chanel Rouge Noir vs Barry M Red Black


Now we are officially in Winter, its time to rock the vampy nail colours. Although to be honest I would wear these any time of year! 
I thought I would compare these two colours as in the bottle they both appear quite similar.


Chanel Rouge Noir is a cult classic. Famous for appearing on Uma Thurman's nails in Pulp Fiction. Like all Chanel nail varnishes this will set you back a fair bit at £17.50 a bottle.


Compared to Chanel, Barry M's Red Black is an absolute bargain at £2.99

For comparison I have applied two coats of each polish, with a top layer of Seche Vite.

First up, Chanel Rouge Noir:


I love this colour. Its rich, vampy and gorgeously glossy. I think this looks very luxorious and for such a dark polish its applies very well. Two coats is all you need......did I mention I love this colour?

Next up, Barry M Red Black:


I was surprised at how different these two were on the nails. Barry M is much more red, where as Chanel is more of a rich burgundy. Unlike Chanel, Barry M was surprisingly an absolute bitch to apply, as you can probably tell! This again is two coats but you would definetley need a third coat as after two its stil uneven and streaky. This was a real dissapointment for me as Barry M nail paints are normally always amazing quality and for I find after 2 coats they are completly opaque.


Chanel Rouge Noir

For me Chanel Rouge Noir is a clear winner. There is a real difference in quality between the two which you would hope to see when you paying so much for Chanel.

Of course though there is a huge difference in price and with one more coat I think there would be a huge improvement with Barry M's Red Black. When you think you could buy almost six bottles of Barry M for the price of one Chanel polish you may not be bothered on the difference in quality.

But I am clearly extremely shallow and would pick Rouge Noir over Red Black any day. This is one of those cult beauty shades that I feel everyone should own and it really does add a touch of luxury to your nails. That said I am a big Barry M fan but its just a shame that Red Black doesn't match the high quality of other shades in the Barry M range.


Barry M Red Black


No comments:

Post a Comment