Tuesday 13 September 2011

The Beauty Graveyard

Sad to admit, but I feel so proud of myself when I finally use up a product! Here's a round up of the products I've finally finished.



LiLash - This is the second tube I have now got through. This stuff works there's no doubt about it. You can see before and after pictures on my previous LiLash post. I love this stuff but I hate the price, it will set you back £80 a tube! As much as I love it, I cannot justify shelling out that much money again. Which is why I have converted to Rapidlash, its half the price (£41) and easily available in Boots. The results take a little longer to notice and are slightly less dramatic but I am still highly impressed. Rapidlash is my new staple.



Dove Summer Glow Daily Face Moisturiser - Yonks old, I don't even know if you can still buy this! A good moisturiser though and it gives me a really nice subtle colour (no orange!) I now have my St Tropez Everyday Moisturiser to use but I would definitely repurchase this in the future.



DuWop Foundation of Youth - There were two things that made me buy this product:
1) On my last work experience at a magazine I was lucky enough to help out on a celebrity shoot. I got chatting to the make up artist and asked her for her foundation recommendations. She said she had two she swears by. One of them being DuWop foundation of youth.
2) After a quick google I found that Pixie Lott is also a fan and I'm that shallow that any celebrity association makes me immediately want a product!
I have to admit I wasn't overly impressed and would not bother buying this again. I also found the coverage too heavy and cakey for my liking. I hate the feel of heavy foundations and even though I probably need more coverage I only like to use light to medium coverage.
Oh and if you're wondering the second foundation recommended was Bourjois Healthy Mix. (Still need to try that one)
Also I highly recommend cutting packaging open where possible, theres normally a ton of product left in there. This lasted me for over a month after cutting it open.



Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin Renewer - Have to be honest here, I was far too lazy with applying this and probably didn't use it often enough to give a true review! I have bought this product before though and really enjoyed it as it leaves your skin feeling very soft and smooth.



Beyonce Heat and Heat Rush Perfume - If you are wary of celebrity perfumes go out and smell these. Granted the bottles are absolutely hideous. House of Dereon anyone? But both these scents smell divine. I have not come across anyone who doesn't like the smell of these and they are also refreshingly different. As you can probably tell I'm currently trying to reduce my perfume collection but no doubt about it I will be buying these scents again. Oh and Beyonce has just released her 3rd fragrance, "Pulse" I caved and bought it and my review is exactly the same. Hideous bottle, amazing smell. Can't recommend enough!



Maybelline The Falsies Mascara - Love.this.mascara.holy.grail.material.end.of




No7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick "Attract 05"- I adore this lipstick as you can tell from it's battered appearance. It makes your lips gorgeously glossy without the horrible stickiness of lipgloss (ugh) and it's great for us lazy girls as its one of our beloved "my lips but better" colours so no mirror required! I have already repurchased this and unfortunately for me, they have repackaged and reformulated it (someone hold me!) the colour is now slightly different even though the name is exactly the same. Its still a vision of loveliness and I remain loyal but I am a little bit sad....why do companies do this to us!


Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat - Now this, this is holy grail. This is the only top coat I will use, no more smudges, bed sheet creases, your nails are dry almost immediately and extremely shiny. This is my third bottle. As brilliant as I think this little guy is, he does come with a few flaws:
1) If you look at the picture above you will see its not empty. Seche Vite does not last and theres no way you can get through the whole bottle. This is the furthest I have got before its gloopy beyond belief and unusable. 
2) Peeling, when I first started using this I loved it but found my nail varnish would just peel off my whole nail. I did a bit of research and found out this was a common problem, a side effect of the quick drying time but this is easily solved. When you paint your nails just make sure you leave a slight gap between the edges of your nail varnish and top coat. It might seem a bit of a hassle but you quickly get used to it and I now get no peeling. I would say its 100% worth it for the results. 




Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner "Cosmic Brown" - Great eyeliner, great price cost me 99p!



Katy Perry Purr Perfume - I love Katy Perry but the theme continues, celebrity perfume - craptapular bottle! I.really.hate.it
The perfume itself is perfectly pleasant, but just that....pleasant. Quite generic and nothing special, not one I would buy again.



Christina Aguilera Inspire Perfume - Do I really need to address the packaging? OK then, if you insist! This bottle actually makes me cringe and that typeface *vom*

I'm ashamed to say this is the second time I have bought this. I cannot for the life of me understand why, maybe my tastes are maturing......hmmmm all I can say about this now is cheap cheap cheap. 



Zoya Remove (Nail Varnish Remover) - Like my beloved Seche Vite, this is also holy grail material for me and I have already repurchased. Its expensive, I buy mine off eBay costs roughly £10. I love painting my nails and change my nail varnish constantly. This doesn't dry out your nails at all like other cheap removers and it definitely extends the wear of my varnish so for me its worth the money. Also the bottle is pretty nifty. 

So there you have it, using up beauty products almost gives me the same amount of deep joy as buying them....almost!

No comments:

Post a Comment