Monday 18 October 2010

God bless you LiLash


Goodbye short stubby eyelashes

Before: Eyelashes curled with an eyelash curler + mascara

And hello to these beauties!
After: Just mascara no eyelash curler used at all! Sorry the pictures a bit darker on this one, I took the 2nd picture at night without flash, as the flash was creating too many shadows
So eyelash enhancers have been big news in America for a while and they are finally arriving here. I did my research and one name kept cropping up.....LiLash. Apart from all the rave reviews the one major selling point of LiLash was the fact that there had been no reported changes in eye colour from anyone who had used this product. This is the one negative side effect of eyelash serums that really scares me and has put me off trying any of these types of products for a long time.

I bought my LiLash from eBay as it is an American product its quite hard to find over here in the UK. I know some people are a bit wary of purchasing products like this off eBay but just use your common sense and only buy from UK or US sellers. Now this stuff doesn't come cheap.....when I purchased mine it cost me about £70! I paid a little bit more as I bought it from a UK seller, so I didn't have to pay any shipping.

The product is like a clear liquid eyeliner. It has a very small thin brush, just like a liquid liner and you apply it to your upper lash line just like liquid liner. In the instructions they say you can apply it in the morning before you apply the rest of your makeup or at night when you've removed your makeup. One of the bonuses of this product for me is that I regularly got into the habit of taking my makeup off every night because I wanted to apply this!

It has taken about 6 weeks for me to notice the difference and it is a huge difference. At first its hard to notice as you tend to find yourself inspecting your eyelashes every single day! But I can really tell the difference and I think the pictures reflect that. I never have to curl my lashes now either, in the first picture my eyelashes have been curled before mascara in the 2nd picture that's just mascara. I haven't touched my eyelash curler in weeks as LiLash gives your lashes that natural curl. I can now feel my lashes hitting my brow bone and I have become prone to stroking them without realising!

Now one of the things I should point out is that your eyelashes have a natural growth cycle, they fall out regularly and regrow. Obviously when this happens you will have a combination of a few shorter lashes but this is unavoidable.

Combined with my LiLash the other product I have been using is L'Oreal Renewal Lash Serum

This product does not increase the growth or length of your eyelashes, it strengthens your lashes and stops them falling out so quickly. So your lashes appear thicker as they are not falling out as regularly, therefore you have more!

Unlike my LiLash I don't apply this everyday, maybe 3 times a week or more depending. This product is a lot more affordable at roughly £8 but you will not get the same results as this doesn't encourage eyelash growth.

This product comes with no outer packaging or instructions which is very helpful! I bought this on a whim and then had to search online for how to use it. Very poor L'Oreal.

You apply this to your upper lash line and also to your lashes, I tend to apply my LiLash to the upper lash line and then just run the L'Oreal serum through my lashes.

Now I have noticed that my LiLash is starting to run a little thin on the ground, there's still a lot of product on there but it did have me panicking about repurchasing. This is a very expensive product but.....it works! How many mascaras have you been sucked into buying for their false lash claims. How many times have you been disappointed with them and thought what a waste of money! I'll give you an example....YSL Faux Cils Mascara.....very popular and very expensive. This mascara will set you back at least £22 and it doesn't last long at all. I would say maximum shelf life for this mascara 3 months...max. Obviously if you have naturally long eyelashes then save your money this isn't the product for you (PS I hate you) but if like me you have always dreamed of ridiculously long eyelashes then with this product you can get them.

I know there are some cheaper alternatives on the market such as RapidLash which is about £40 in Boots but I've read quite a few bad reviews on this product including eyelashes falling out and I haven't heard the same rave reviews about RapidLash as I have LiLash so do your research.

I will definitely be repurchasing LiLash and I would 100% recommend it

1 comment:

  1. Im really interested on buying this from ebay. Im nervous since its so much money! BTW Im now a new follower on gfc

    http://dianaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete