Saturday 11 July 2015

Project Pan - Update 6

I'm a bit disappointed that I've only managed to use up three items of makeup this month, but I have been using a lot of new products which are going to take me longer to finish.

For the past eight months, I have been making a conscious effort to use up my makeup. The initial goal was to downsize my makeup collection, but I'm starting to think that will never happen!

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder £24.00

I really wasn't a massive fan of this powder. It does control oil and shine but it made my skin look really ashy and dull. For £24.00 I expect a lot, and it's not like I even have a particularly dark skin tone. 
I will happily shell out on a powder like the Charlotte Tilbury one if its amazing but the Rimmel Stay Matte powder is better than this and that's about £3.00! 

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in "Frozen Quartz"£29.00

I really love these By Terry cream eyeshadow pencils and this is the second one I have finished.
 Frozen Quartz is a frosted light pink, which looks really pretty on the eyes. I love these because they look beautiful on the eyes with a real high shine, but take minimal effort to apply. 
I will definitely have to restock on these pencils soon.


Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil in "Taupe" £29.50

This is also the second one of these I have finished. The first one I had in the colour "Grey" which obviously wasn't the best colour match, but worked surprisingly well. "Taupe" was a better match for me and I do like these eyebrow pencils. The angle of the pencil makes it really quick and easy to fill your brows in and the brush on the end is genuinely useful, but overall I just prefer my Hourglass pencil. I find the Hourglass lasts a lot longer, whereas I can finish one of these Bobbi Brown pencils in a month and I wouldn't want to spend £30 every month on an eyebrow pencil.

Total used up makeup = £82.50

My empty makeup bag is really starting to fill up now!






















2 comments:

  1. I really need to start investing in some eyeshadow sticks! Laura Mercier and By Terry are definitely on my list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, I honestly think if I had to get rid of all my makeup and start again I would only have cream eyeshadow sticks, no powders! xx

      Delete