Monday 6 October 2014

September Favourites

Its scary how quickly Christmas is approaching but I'm not complaining because that is my favourite time of the year. 

As I was on holiday in September I feel like my monthly favourites are slightly redundant now because they are not really in keeping with the season, but if you are going away for a bit of Winter sun maybe these will inspire you!

YSL Couture Palette 03 Afrique

What originally attracted me to this eyeshadow palette was just how beautiful and wearable all the colours were. You know how there's always that one colour in a palette you will never wear, well that's not the case with this. However, despite that being the initial appeal, I have only used one colour in this palette so far but in fairness that's because its so damn pretty. The perfect peachy bronze, which makes blue eyes stand out and looked awesome with my post holiday tan, which has now well and truly faded. Welcome back corned beef arms, you weren't missed.


Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer

I am predicting that hair primers are going to be the next big thing, you prime your face, why not your hair? Having tried and loved Living Proof's primer, I was intrigued to see how the Bumble and Bumble version compared. I have to say they are quite different but I love both. Living Proof's primer is a styling product, it makes it easier to style your hair and makes your style last far longer. Bumble and Bumble's primer is more like a leave in conditioner. It's multi purpose so it acts as a detangler, heat protectant and frizz tamer all in one. I do also find it gives my hair a bit that bed head look, which I love. 


No7 Instant Radiance Foundation

This does exactly what it says on the tube and gives a radiant boost for tired, stressed skin. This applies like a tinted moisturiser but with more coverage and I just love the glow it gives my skin. Healthy skin in a bottle and for a pretty reasonable price as well, whats not to love?


Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus

Definitely not a seasonally appropriate shade now but I loved this bright orange/coral colour on holiday. Its really flattering for such a bright shade and I love the stain it leaves on my lips, as it means you don't have to constantly worry about touching up your lipstick!


MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy

 I have finally fallen back in love with eyeliner and its mainly down to this little guy. This metallic brown is not as harsh as black and is also a really beautiful shade for emphasising blue or green eyes. I like to apply this and smudge it out, just for  little something, something ;)


Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Micro Powder

I have a love hate relationship with this powder, I love how soft it is (it feels like velvet on your skin) and its so finally milled it never looks cakey. However I hate that after only two weeks I had already made a hole in it :( you really should get more product for the amount of money this costs. 
If you are feeling a little indulgent go for it, but don't say I didn't warn you!


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Rose Gold

This highlighter is beautiful, the light copper colour is really unique and gives a bit of colour as well as glow. Its limited edition and already out of stock on Space NK but you can still find it online!


True Detective

I always like to include a non beauty favourite, to prove there is more to life than makeup! 
My friends will tell you about my future dream southern life. It involves me living in the deep south, in a beautiful wooden house with a porch all the way around it, with my husband who is permanently topless and in dungarees. That's my dream, so as you can imagine I have a slight Matthew McConaughey obsession (its the voice). If you haven't watched True Detective yet, you need to get on it. I loved the relationship between Woody and Matthew's characters and they are both played so brilliantly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment