Wednesday 12 September 2012

Maison Martin Margiela's Replica Fragrances


I recently did some interning on a magazine beauty desk. When you are in environments like this you need to be a sponge and take in all the tips, tricks and products that are recommended to you because these ladies on the beauty team know their stuff!

I was having a chat with the Beauty Director about perfume and she showed me these three new fragrances by Maison Martin Margiela and I instantly fell in love. I knew I had to get my hands on one!

There are three Replica fragrances: Flower Market, Beach Walk and Funfair Evening

The perfumer behind these perfumes, Jacques Cavallier explains the concept

Each of the three fragrances is based on a desire to reinvent a scent that everyone knows, giving it something new, unique and very modern. I don’t like the notion of nostalgia. I prefer the idea of rediscovering those scents that have become a part of us all.” - Jacques Cavallier 








































The three fragrances are exclusive to Selfridges and I managed to get my paws on Funfair Evening. Aside from the divine smell, I am also completely in love with the packaging of these perfumes, from the box to the bottle.

I love how it looks like an old medicine bottle, the cotton label adds to the nostalgia and just makes the whole perfume feel very personal and special.

Funfair Evening is definitely my favourite of the three, with Beach Walk a close second. Now I'm rubbish at describing scents but Funfair Evening is a gorgeous sweet fragrance, its not obnoxious and I personally find it a very comforting scent. Beach Walk smells exactly like its name. If you are a fan of Bobbi Brown Beach or Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess you need to try this, its ten times better. Last but not least Flower Market is the perfect floral, not overpowering just beautifully romantic.






































I honestly can't recommend these enough. If you are into perfume but not your average run of the mill scent you have to try these, they really are something special.

Priced at £60 for 100ml exclusive to Selfridges

No comments:

Post a Comment