Sunday 22 July 2012

Chantecaille Future Skin and embracing a more natural look






































If I was a millionaire, after quitting my job, travelling with my friends, taking care of my family and friends and doing some good in this world I would then indulge my shallow side and buy every single item Chantecaille makes.

After using up my Chantecaille Just Skin, I had my eyes on Future Skin.
Future Skin is an oil free gel foundation. It costs a bomb, an eye watering £55 so expectations are high. I bought mine from Space NK and for reference my shade is "Nude".


After reading a few reviews online, a lot of people seem to have a gripe with the packaging of this foundation. It comes in a pot, I like this because there will be no wastage and you can use up all the product but for hygiene reasons and for the price I think a spatula should be included.

The only other thing I have noticed is that I seem to be using this up at a rate of knots, which worries me! So I advise using this sparingly.







































There's no doubt about it, this is a lovely product. I definitely recommend applying it with a brush. Once buffed in you can hardly tell you're wearing foundation. It gives your skin a healthy, natural looking glow which I love. In the pictures I am just wearing Future Skin and blush, no concealer or powder. I don't like to use a powder with this foundation, as its not needed and I don't want to take away from the "glow".

I definitely want to explore more of the Chantecaille range. While it is a very expensive brand, I actually prefer buying one product, using it up and really loving it before buying another. I have noticed my makeup buying habits changing and I no longer want to spend a fortune in MAC every month. I would rather invest in one product that I love.






































Along with my purchasing habits changing, I have also noticed a change in the amount of make up I wear and the "look" I aim to achieve with my make up.

I have loved make up ever since I can remember, when I was 15 I used to save up my money to buy Versace lipglosses. I hated secondary school and used to slap on the makeup as a kind of comfort blanket. When I was 18 I met someone who made me feel like I didn't need to wear all that makeup. Sadly there wasn't a happy ending and 4 years later we broke up. I resorted back to my makeup mask and that feeling of wanting to hide away. It has taken me a long time to begin to feel OK in my own skin again and now I don't want to hide behind a face of makeup. They say it takes half the time you were with that person to get over a broken heart, but I believe that everyone is different.

I no longer want to spend ages every morning doing my face. Now I want to look like me, but just a more polished version!

These are the products I'm wearing in the pictures above and I can highly recommend them all!


MAC Cream Colour Base "Pink Shock" - I believe this is a MAC Pro item only, so if you are in London make sure you make a visit to the Pro Store. I have been using this as blush religiously for the past few months. I love how pink it is and believe me a little goes a long way.

MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow "Sweet Heat" - Sadly I don't think these eyeshadows are available anymore, but the Estee Lauder Cyber eyeshadows are exactly the same formula. I just love this colour, it makes my eyes look awake but again still natural.

MAC Cream Colour Base "Pearl" - I am obsessed with this highlight, I apply it down the centre of the nose, along the top of the cheeks, underneath my eyebrows and sometimes in the inner corner of my eyes. I carry this with me everywhere. As you can probably tell I am not a fan of the matte look!

MAC Lipstick "Lustering" - One of my favourite lipsticks, like Pink Shock, I just love the colour of this and being a lustre finish i love the glossy finish.

L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic Waterproof - My new holy grail mascara, this is actually amazing. It makes my eyelashes ridiculously long, doesn't clump and doesn't smudge. As soon as this baby runs out I will be running straight to boots! Obsessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment