Sunday 11 March 2012

A Few February Favourites


Chanel Foundations - I have been trying to find the perfect foundation and Chanel is winning hands down. It took me a long time to try any foundation by Chanel due to their hefty price tag but after buying and falling in love with Vitalumiere that was it!

Vitalumiere Aqua - I originally had this in a shade that was too light for me and hated it. On beauty blogs and YouTube I kept hearing everyone rave about it and at the beginning of this month I finally caved and re-purchased it (in the correct shade!)
This is a lovely natural looking foundation that leaves you with a natural glow. I like the fact that it covers well but your skin still shows you through and it doesn't feel like you're caked in make up.

Vitalumiere - If you like that elusive "glow" then you need to try this foundation. Personally I would say the coverage is light to medium. Vitalumiere is a LOT more dewy then the aqua version and I have to powder the centre of my face when I wear this but don't let that put you off I highly recommend this foundation.

Pro Lumiere - A great foundation, basically a less dewy, higher coverage version of Vitalumiere. I wont say anything else as Chanel have discontinued this foundation, you can still find it at a few Chanel counters though....if you're desperate ;)
The replacement for Pro Lumiere is Perfection Lumiere, which I have my beady little eyes on. I managed to collect a few samples from magazines and I absolutely loved it. This will definitely be my next purchase.


Samantha Chapman Real Techniques Buffing Brush - My new favourite brush to apply foundation, the dense bristles really help to "buff" the foundation into the skin and this gives me a relatively flawless finish (seeing as I don't have flawless skin to begin with)
The downside to this brush though is that you can't buy it individually, you can only get it in the core kit which costs £21.99 from Boots and I would say the Buffing Brush and the Contour Brush are the only decent brushes in the kit.


Louise Young Essential Eye Palette - Amazing palette, beautiful, high quality, pigmented, matte eye shadows. I beg you, do not waste your money on the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette and invest in this instead! I have been using this palette for my eyeliner with the MAC 263 brush!
You can buy this palette from the Louise Young website

Mac Mineralize Eyeshadow in "Summer Haze" - From the Naturally collection, I have been obsessed with this eyeshadow. If you can still find it at your local MAC counter buy it, you will not regret it! A beautiful warm champagne colour that manages to make me look alive in the mornings!

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in "Emerveille" - In the same colour family as Summer Haze but with a mousse like texture. Again I love this as its very natural looking, all I need to do is slap this on with my fingers, bit of eyeliner, mascara and we're away.

Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye colour in "Rose Gold" - So you might be able to tell from my February favourites that I like these kinds of colours a lot! Rose gold is much more coppery then the other two. Also you can probably tell that when it comes to eyeshadow I'm lazy, I like to use one colour that gives a multi dimensional effect, which all of these do! I like to smudge this under my eye for a hazy Olsen twin effect.

Bourjois Volume Fast and Protect Mascara - My favourite mascara in THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD! It might seem really gimmicky (the wand rotates) but it really works. I think this is the third tube I've been through and I have now thrown out all my other mascaras as they simply don't compare!

Three tips when using this mascara:

1. Turn the wand on so it starts rotating but then apply like a normal mascara. Don't hold the brush still, things get messy. Just apply like you would a normal mascara, I cannot stress this enough!

2. If you can, buy online! Its so hard to find one in Boots that either hasn't been opened or hasn't had the battery life drained out of it. I know ASOS sell this on their website.

3. I like to announce "I'm applying my mascara!" when using this little guy, as the vibrating noise it makes can be quite loud and misleading...coming from my bedroom!



Eylure Naturalites Super Full Brown Toned Lashes 075 - There was a time when I would have laughed at these. Yes I was a fan of Katie Price style lashes, I wasn't happy unless my eyelids were weighed down with at least two sets of lashes! Not anymore, I have been converted. These lashes are so natural looking, you cant even tell you're wearing fake eyelashes. They make your lashes look full but natural looking. These are now the only eyelashes I ever wear.
Sorry these have been worn once, so do excuse the mascara blobs! You can buy these from Boots


MAC Lipstick in "Lustering" - This is a new find that I will now never ever be parted from! This is the most gorgeous pinky/sheer/glossy lipstick and I have worn this every day since I bought it. It looks very bright in the tube, but its a lustre finish so it goes on sheer and glossy and oh I just love it OK!


Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose Perfume - I would never have bought this if I wasn't such a huge Harry Potter/Emma Watson nerd! But i absolutely love the campaign for this perfume, I think Emma looks gorgeous and I adore her makeup (I'll put a picture below to show you!)
When I bought this, the lady in boots said it smells like Paco Rabanne Black XS, which is a perfume I have gone through bottles of and adore, so I was instantly sold. This is definitely in the same scent family as Black XS and I love it but be warned it might not be for everyone. I was talking to a male colleague at work and he said, he could smell Love Hearts! FACEPALM moment


OPI Nail Lacquer in "Big Apple Red" - I have mentioned this previously in my nails of the week post, but I am still just as obsessed with this nail varnish. I don't know why, I cant explain it but its the perfect red and I'm off to paint my nails with it now!


Argh the claw! I would love to know if you have tried any of the products I've mentioned and what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment