Saturday 12 February 2011

MAC Wonder Woman (Restrained!) Haul

When I first heard about the MAC Wonder Woman collection I was really excited. Like Venomous Villains, these are the collections I love from MAC. Personally I love love love the packaging, its fun and completely different. So I was really looking forward to the release of Wonder Woman but after seeing the actual products and reviews on Temptalia (www.temptalia.com) I felt disappointed.

The collection was smaller then I thought and nothing stood out to me. I wish there had been some individual eyeshadows in this collection, paint pots or fluid lines, or just better colours but alas it was not to be.

Wonder Woman is due to be released in the UK in March as far as I'm aware and February in the US. As I mentioned in my previous post I have just come back from New York and before I went I was gutted to hear that the collection wouldn't be launched in the US until the 10th February...I came back on the 9th!

So imagine my joy when on my first day in the Big Apple (February 4th) I see this.....

Ahhhhhh! I still don't know the reason for the early release but I don't care! Now I don't know the exact date it came out but it must have been out for at least a day as one shade of the mineralize skin finish had already sold out (typically it was the one I wanted!)

The only thing I really wanted was the lipstick in "Marquise D'" which I got, I also wanted the Wonder Woman mirror but I was told this was an online exclusive (bummer) so I decided to get a blusher instead as these have a mirror and I thought it would be a cool compact for my bag. I would have got the mineralize skin finish instead of the blush but as I said, the one I wanted had already sold out :(

Mighty Aphrodite is a peachy coral blush split in 2 with a darker pinkier half. Its nothing remarkable and quite dupe-able but none the less a pretty, wearable colour which I will get a lot of use out of. I was lucky and picked up the last one in the store! I'm sure this will be one of the first things to sell out, so grab it while you can.

Marquise D' is a lovely colour. Its one of those lipsticks that you can chuck in your bag and apply it anytime throughout the day with no mirror. Its pretty sheer and one of those your lips but better colours. I would really recommend this. I think out of all the lipsticks this is the shade that's most highly coveted so grab it ASAP.

So I only grabbed 2 things from the collection and I'm happy with my purchases, when the collection is released over here in March I think I will order the mirror online and maybe one other thing. If you do not like the packaging though i would say you could very easily skip this collection.

Word of warning - Based on my experience in the US Pink Power Mineralize Skin Finish, Mighty Aphrodite Blush and Marquise D' Lipstick will be the first to sell out. So if you want these, get them straight away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment